Ahoyyy!!! Pirate themed Birthday - Simple Ideas...



Hello friends...
I have been a lot irregular with my Blogs but being a full time mom is a taxing venture...I am sure all mothers will agree with me. And I have already mentioned in one of my previous blogs that multi-tasking is not my forte, though I do try my hands at it off and on! So...
Recently, we celebrated my son's 11th birthday and had great fun putting together a fun party for him and his friends...I think the kids really freaked out at the party... and the cost....zilch!!!! As it is ....Kalimpong did not have much to offer... I know, a lot of my friends in the army will agree with me....Most of the wonder years of our kids are spent in places like 'Lekhapani' or 'Panitola' or better still 'Misamari'...So jugaad is what we do!!
So, my niece and daughter started working towards it frantically....
                                                                                                                                                                  


  1. First came the invites in the form of scrolls. It was a fun thing for the kids as they coloured and painted the scrolls themselves. They enjoyed this activity immensely.


2. The decor consisted of different sizes of anchor cut-outs , in different colours....I used whatever I had....Red, black and white look fab....they are the true pirate colours. Tie them unevenly with a rope...and use as hangings all over.



3. Instead of buying Birthday hats, I used newspaper to make simple pirate hats for each of the young pirate-mateys of my son.

 

Some were kept for decor.

  
4. A treasure-chest made from a cardboard carton painted with 'geru'....the fauji wives will know...It is generally used for painting the mud pots (mix the powder with water). Innovative idea by Pallavi, my darling niece. We also made some pirate eye-patches and pirate telescopes for the kids with black chart paper.

5. The   Return gifts were packed in these brown paper grocery bags bought from the local vendor. The drawing made the difference!!


6. Games like marking the treasure on the paper, blindfolded were included to go with the theme.



7. The pirate ship chocolate birthday cake stole the show for the kids... Just made two rectangular chocolate sponges, made two decks out of them, dredged them with sugar syrup and layered the cake with chocolate-cream. Then I covered it with chocolate sauce and decorations...An amateur attempt. But worked for the kids!!

8. Among other eats, you can also make cigar sandwiches (theme based) by speading mayo-cucumber dressing on fresh bread and rolling them....Recipe will come soon!

8. Some stars of the show...Amazing !!







The Pirate with his plunders!! Absolutely content with his loot!!

This was my humble attempt on how to make 'Jungle mein mungle'...Tried and managed to put up a satisfactory show...Hope you people based at all sorts of God forsaken places get an idea from this small effort ... Ciao!!!

Comments

  1. Wishing Jack Sparrow a very happy birthday... Will join the merry marauders the next time ☺ Great show, 'mother pirate' ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaand the cake steals the show!
    :D
    What a fabulous party this was.
    Wish u could be here for my b'day too. Mami :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts