Introducing...The Glamorous...Farraata Frittata!!

Hello Dear Friends!!

Took a long break and was having a ball with my lil ones Dingli & Genduli ( my sisters' cubs) and of course mine too! Kids can be so much fun at times! yeah...at times!

So...couldn't afford to waste time on cooking, after all, you don't get to let your hair down with a two year old when yours become or are on the verge of becoming teenagers! Those were the days friends! How I wish I could have treated them as stress-free days and enjoyed them to the full, rather than going all crazy with my kids! So my advice to all my darling young mothers is to have fun with your lil bundle of joy while you can... These days will pass sooner than you think and will never come back again. Gosh! I've even forgotten how my kids used to look like when they were toddlers! Imagine that!! 

This is Muttu Mausi's( that's what they call me :) ) recipe for my darlings Dingu & Gendu! Non-fuss, and healthy Farraata Frittata!!

Ingredients:

  • 4 to 5 Eggs (beaten)
  • 4 to 5 Potatoes sliced round and par-boiled
  • 2 cups assortment of par-boiled veggies (peas,carrots,corn,)
  • 7 to 8 sausages diced (optional)
  • 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2 a cup of grated cheese( I chopped mine)
  • Salt to taste
  • 1 1/2 tbsps oil





Method:
  • In a pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and saute the potato slices and then add all the veggies. Add salt and half of the mixed herbs and black pepper powder. Saute on high flame till water evaporates.
  • Add sliced sausage and mix. Keep the mix aside.



    • Beat the eggs till light and fluffy. Add the remaining salt and seasoning. Keep aside.




    • Take a non stick baking dish ( a round Borosil dish will work well) and grease it with one tsp oil.
    • Pre-heat the oven and keep ready.
    • Spread out the veggie and sausage mix evenly on the dish.
    • Now pour the beaten egg all over it.
    • Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for 180 degrees for about an hour.


    • Keep checking the centre like you do for a cake.
    • The Farraata Frittata is ready to be served in about an hours time with toasted garlic bread...Yumm!


    Now this Frittata is a meal in itself. Whatever veggies were available at Kalimpong easily, were used. If you are lucky enough to stay in a more blessed place, you can use exotic veggies like mushrooms, broccoli, baby corn, bell peppers ( they sure seem exotic to me now)...anything you can think of...Believe you me this is a very accommodating dish!


    Ok...I will let you into a secret of mine...Whenever we went to Dominos or Pizza Hut ( Remember? Siliguri is a good 3 hours back-breaking drive from here, thanks to the bumpy roads) I would demand for more  seasoning sachets and here I've used the same sachets as mixed herb seasoning ;)...Saving my husband's hard earned money... Frugal!

    This is a quick and easy dish for all the ladies who have their hands full with small kids. Put everything together and bake! Hope you all like it...








    Comments

    1. I am surely gonna try this...i tried ur spaghetti and it came amazingly well....thanks..

      ReplyDelete
    2. Trying ur frittata tonight lets see how it turns out...keeping my fingers crossed...:-)

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Popular Posts