Lemony Chicken Potato Roast....and the Competition stays on!!!

Hey friends!!
So...I did not tell you the other half of the weekend story!! How could I bow down before an amateur!! Cooking was my forte and it sure was giving me the creeps that my kids' father was winning over them with a mere Spaghetti....that too with NO VEGGIES!! Just imagine!!
Na! Na! Na!... Not done! In retaliation...though I wanted so much to just relax and eat whatever **** he had cooked and watch my favourite movie or read my ever-lasting book...I declared WAR!!
I set out to prepare something that I thought would be healthy, tasty and filling...and looked GLAMOROUS!!
Though the kids (traitors!!) preferred their Dad's special Spaghetti over the lemon chicken which, according to my son (humph!) was too...Lemony!! Doesn't bother me much...Nah!!

Here's how I prepared it:
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 kg chicken (with bones or boneless)
  • 1/2 kg potatoes ( if good quality then keep the skin on) cut into big pieces
  • 1 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
  • 2 tsps lemon juice
  • lemon grass
  • 1 tsp Rosemary (fresh or dried)
  • 2 tsps olive oil
  • 1 tsp black pepper powder
  • 1/2 kg French beans (steamed)
Method:
  • Marinate the chicken in ginger-garlic paste, salt and 1 tsp lemon juice for 1/2 an hour. Make incisions on the chicken pieces if you want.Add chopped lemon grass...I did not feel like chopping it. Laziness!!
  • Heat a pan and put the marinated chicken in the pan. Cook the chicken in it.( This is for people who eat their meat really well cooked, otherwise one can just bake the chicken for a longer time on 170/180 F)
  • In a separate bowl, add the remaining lemon juice, olive oil, black pepper and salt and mix it to make a dressing.
     
  • Boil/roast potatoes and cut them into wedges. I removed the peel, but you can keep it if you wish.
  • Place the chicken and potatoes in a baking dish.
  • Pour in the dressing over the chicken.
  • Sprinkle rosemary & bake in a pre-heated oven on 200 F for 45 mins. or till it turns golden brown.


  • I even put the used lemon pieces to enhance the flavour but its really optional.



  • This is a tasty and healthy dish and a meal by itself. Instead of potatoes, one can use any other veggie of ones liking.




Now Serve it with boiled or steamed veggies. I had some fresh and tender string beans with me so I boiled them with some salt just so that they are tender yet not devoid of the crunch. you could use any other vegetable of your choice.
 Try and experiment with different herbs and keep improvising. It will turn even better! Have fun cooking & eating it like we had.
So...the War of the YIN and YANG came to a draw with us realising that like the Yin & Yang...its the opposites that complement each other!









Comments

  1. Looks really nice, will try it soon and let you know the taste as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try this :) thank you for sharing.We have so many herbs in our store and i never tried them,i think its time to try rosemary!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! You can even use flavoured grilled fish instead!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts