Left-over Chicken Sandwich...Quick Fix!

Good Morning Dear friends,
My recipe for today is no great shakes....just a simple chicken-veggie sandwich....for those wretched days when you just don't wish to bother!! 
Being a mom is the toughest job in the whole wide world. There are days when you feel sapped. Your kids are your lifeline, but sometimes they make you want to pull your hair out...in frustration! I think their transition into teenagers is making me go crazy!! Anyway...I do understand that it is a passing phase and things will be fine...at the end... 
So?? Brooding and binging go hand in hand! This one is specially for one of those days!
I was watching an Indian cookery show a few days back and there was this guy in it whipping up dishes after dishes from left-overs; that is when I realised that I had some left-over chicken and a few almost dried-up veggies in my fridge...So I decided to do away with the gravy and make some nice sandwiches...I call it - "optimum utilization of depreciating resources."

Ingredients:

Bread-white/brown (as many as you want)
100 gms butter (Again depends on how many you are making)
Left-over chicken (bones removed and shredded).
1/2 capsicum chopped finely
1/2 carrot chopped finely
1 small onion chopped finely
1 stalk of celery chopped fine
1 green chilli chopped (optional)
1 clove of garlic crushed
3 tbsps Mayonnaise
1 tsp black pepper powder
1 tsp dried tarragon
1/2 tsp lemon juice
Salt to taste

Method:

Remove chicken from the gravy and shred it into small chunks. utilize the gravy elsewhere. 



Chop all the veggies finely .



In a bowl mix the chicken shreds and the veggies.



Add crushed garlic and 3 tbsps Mayonnaise. 


Add black pepper powder.


Add tarragon, lemon juice. 


Add celery leaves and mix everything till well incorporated.


Adjust salt.



Fill the mixture in between breads.


 Brush some butter inside a sandwich toaster and place the sandwiches. 


Toast them till they turn brown and crispy.


Serve hot with tomato ketchup.


Now, this wasn't a wonder dish....just wanted to float the idea that throwing away left-overs is not the only option. We can always reuse them in an entirely new avatar. And get praises as well!! 
And...By the way...Thanks for being my sounding board! I feel better already!!

Comments

Popular Posts